News and events
Christmas Newsletter 2023
The Beatrice Project: restoring dignity and opportunity
HAPPY CHRISTMAS 2023 TO YOU ALL
It’s been another exciting and busy year for the Beatrice Project and our partners, Ntombi Nto, led by Joy, in Zimbabwe. There have been a number of highlights:
- through your generosity, we were able, in April, to begin giving Joy a salary. This frees her to do more of what she does so well without worrying about providing for her family.
- we have also enabled NN to rent an office in Gweru and this has helped our regular weekly communication throughout the year.
- another three schools have joined the project and others are very keen to do so. This brings the total to 15 schools since the setting up of the project in 2015.
- in March, Sue visited the project, supported by her friend Angie Barr and by new friends, Sally Bundock and her son Samuel. One of the things produced from that trip was this short promotional video. Do take a look and feel free to share it far and wide. https://youtu.be/y4atPw7Ulqs
- here in England, we held a very successful Paella evening, hosted by some wonderful friends, Ali and Paul Studley. We’re hoping to persuade them to repeat this to raise more funds for the ongoing work of the project.
- we are thrilled that Joy will be visiting the UK in the spring of 2024 and plans are under way for a busy and exciting itinerary. We hope as many people as possible will have the chance to meet Joy and hear about the work first hand.
- we have recently received extremely generous funding from the Bright Future Trust, who in 2020 provided the first vehicle for the project. This will enable us to purchase a newer vehicle which is essential to the work Joy does.
- our recent Christmas Appeal has again been very successful and we are delighted that we have almost reached our target. If you would still like to give, please visit: www.beatriceproject.org and follow the ‘Donate’ prompts. Alternatively, go straight to www.give.net/20237532 or, if you prefer, you may give or post a cheque (to the Beatrice Project) to me, Sue Hutchinson, Tony Arthur or Roger Snowdon
With our grateful thanks for all your love and support.